Responsibilities & Benefits
- Attend committee meetings/conference calls to confirm and assist with upcoming Board and Committee projects and activities at least once a month in person or by conference call determined by the Board Member/Committee Chair
- Attend all NACE meetings and events (maximum of 2 absences per year)
- Website Team: Update the website with future meeting information, ticketing links, etc to ensure the website is up to date.
- Social Media Team: Post education articles, member spotlights, paid advertisements, sponsor opportunities, etc, as well as meeting information for each upcoming meeting.
- Newsletter Team: Manage the email campaigns program to promote each month’s meetings, sponsorship opportunities, post event surveys, annual partners, etc, as well as distribute each quarter’s newsletter with membership spotlights and the President’s Message.
- Uphold the greater value of NACE and the education it provides to industry professionals
- Represent NACE in a professional and ethical manner as prescribed in the Code of Ethics
- Direct involvement with the entire membership and assisting with career development in the catering and events industry
- Insuring a solid foundation and success of current and future chapter leaders to maintain the financial security and overall administration and goals of the Chapter
- Constant interaction and involvement with senior and prominent members of the events industry and working as part of a team
- Growth opportunity for Board and Committee positions within NACE both locally and nationally
- The satisfaction of helping to improve and promote the overall respect and awareness of the catering and events industry and the professional development, upward mobility and experience that leadership brings
- Develop personal and professional relationships that will last a LIFETIME!